In order to maintain the quality of the procedures
and materials developed and dispatched from the Head office, a quality
control department has been established within the Secretariat. All
material that is sent out from the Secretariat is critically reviewed by
this department. Following are the main objectives of Review and Quality
• To establish and maintain a set of Procedures which
allow the Secretariat to respond in a systematic and transparent manner
to the external requirements.
• Through consultation with all key stakeholders, to raise the profile
of the APSACS Secretariat, with particular regard to their perceptions/
• To complete rigorous internal monitoring reviews of APSACS School
Programmes, to ensure the standards are met and a forward thinking
approach is adopted by all the departments, ensuring that improvements
occur in line with the changing demands of society.
• Quality of work is measured against the National and International
Standards of education, socio-cultural norms of regions, students’ age
and level of schooling.
• The quantity and pace of work given is rationalized against time frame
of the sessions, students’ age appropriate comprehension ability, class
strength, rural/urban location of schools and is justified keeping in
view the expected teachers’ ability and proficiency at a said level.
• From time to time, the department also conceptualizes and develops
handbooks and papers focusing on literary skills, with the aim of
disseminating guidance and promoting reading culture.
Review & Quality Asuurance Team:
- Salma Raza (Deputy Director)
- Fareeda Inayat (Consultant)
- Sofia Khanum(Co-ordinator)
- Rizawana Amber (Co-ordinator)
- Tahira Sabir (Subject Specialist)